Many people are looking for an easy method on how to get rid of redness on face; that is because this problem can affect anyone no matter where you live or how you live. The redness on our face can be caused by various factors such as acne, sunburn, allergic reactions which occurred on the face, skin sensitivity, blushing, rosacea or even bad weather. It does not look good and will ruin someone’s appearance.
6 Tips on How to Get Rid of Redness on Face
These are some tips that you can use to get rid of it, just remember that there is no way on how to get rid of redness on face overnight, everything takes time to process. There are actually various methods available, some used natural ingredients while other methods utilized modern medication, you will need to consider what method is better suited for you and your face condition:
- The redness on the face is caused by the inflammation, so the best thing that you can do about the inflammation is to cool it down. Use the cold compress to the area where the redness happens, before you apply the cold compress, please make sure that you use clean cloth or else it will make the redness problem worse.
- How to get rid of redness on face naturally? The best answer for this question is probable using the Aloe Vera. The Aloe Vera is already known as a medication for most skin problems, it has the effect of shutting down inflammation. For this method, you can use pure and fresh Aloe Vera or buy the Aloe Vera gel that is sold everywhere.
- Another natural solution is to use cucumber, it is not as good as Aloe Vera but cucumber also has the ability to shut down inflammation on face, it has great amount of vitamins in it so it will help the condition of your skin too. Cucumber is easier to find and when you decided to use this method instead, put the cucumber in the refrigerator first for better result.
- Coconut oil is a good solution for redness on face; it has the effect of moisturizing our skin. This method is great if your redness is caused by dry skin and weather, as pure coconut oil can be greasy and uncomfortable to the face; get moisturizer with coconut oil as ingredients instead.
- There are already a lot of creams available for this problem, they are easy to find and most of them are affordable. If you think that traditional ways does not work, you can try these medication creams, but remember to get cream solely made for face skin, as it’s more sensitive than any other parts of our body.
- If you are too confused to get a specific label of medication cream and you can’t find someone to give you advices on what type of cream to buy, try this method instead. Get an aspirin, crush it, pour some dips of water and turn it into a paste. Put that paste onto your face for about 30 minutes. Aspirin has the salicylic acid which is great for skin inflammation.
Getting Rid of Redness Caused by Acne
If the redness is caused by acne, the method of eliminating it will be a little bit different, here are some method on how to get rid of redness on face from acne:
- Some methods from above can be used, cold compress, salicylic acid paste and over the counter face cream can be used to counter redness caused by acne.
- For a more traditional way, you can peel a potato, slice it and put it onto your face. Potato is rich with vitamins and other substances good for our skin, niacin is especially important as it can eliminate the redness and at the same time makes your skin brighter.
- Take three tablespoon of honey and mix it with four tablespoon of yogurt, mix it well and you can use the paste onto your face to eliminate the redness.
- If problems still persist after you tried all of the above, then you got no other choice but to contact a specialist and ask him for advices on how to get rid of redness on face.