Nobody wants to have oily skin and if you are one of them, you will find top solutions of how to get rid of oily skin in this article. Oily skin is bad because it can led to various other skin diseases which can cause permanent skin damage, things can be pretty hectic if it happens in the most sensitive area; the most problematic one will be the face area as it can cause acne and other problems. These are the methods on how to get rid of oily skin permanently using home remedies. You cannot use these methods on how to get rid of dry skin unfortunately since that’s another matter.
9 Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Why are people bothering with home remedies when there are a lot of products for this kind of problem? The answer for this question is simple, home remedies are cheaper, easier and usually healthier. Processed product often contains substances that are not healthy to our body, but home remedies utilize fresh ingredients that are already known for its effectiveness. So, it is healthier and safer than those processed products. Here are tips to get rid of oily skin home remedies method:
- Use tomato. Tomatoes are great for various kinds of skin problem, the effect of tomato are to absorb the excessive oil, anti inflammatory, and has a lot of vitamin C. Just cut the tomato and rub it into your skin, do this for about 15 minute daily.
- To help with your skin pH balance, you can use lemon juice. Lemon juice is also a great source for astringent because it contains a large amount of citric acid; lemon is also good for restoring your skin discoloration.
- Break some eggs, get the egg whites only and whip it nicely until it stiff, rub the egg whites into your skin. The egg whites act to lighten your oily skin and dry you blemished skin. You can also add the juice from a lemon for multiplied effect.
- Yogurt is also a good material used to absorb your excessive oil, it is easy to find and cheap. To use it, you will only need to apply the yogurt into the problem area. Do this regularly every day. Yogurt contains lactic acid; this substance helps by exfoliating the skin and absorbing the oil.
- This one is very common; cucumber is popular for various skin problems. The cucumber is very popular because it has the effect of cooling, relaxing and can act as an astringent to your skin; it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals too. It is very easy to use cucumber for oily skin problem, slice them and just rub them onto your skin.
- Another type of fruit which good for oily skin is Apple. The apple contains malic acid; this malic acid acts to help exfoliating your skin and absorbs any excessive oil. Apple is also has cooling effect with mild antiseptic ability. To use the apple you will need to grate them first, and then you rub that grated apple onto your skin, leave it for 15 and rinse with clean water, do this daily.
- You can also use apple cider vinegar; this has a lot of alpha hydroxyl acids which are essential for moisturizing oily skin. The apple cider vinegar is also used for anti bacterial purposes, which is why it is recommended for acne problems. Mix some apple cider vinegar with distilled water; the mix is ¼ apple cider vinegar and ¾ water. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture onto your skin, leave it for 15 minutes and rinse with cool water.
- Milk is not only good for oily skin problem, but milk is also used to get smoother and silkier skin. It also has the ability to maintain your skin’s pH balance; the hydroxyl acid contained in milk also helps to exfoliating your skin. Mix lavender oil with milk and apply it onto your skin, you can leave it until morning and rinse it with cool water.
- Aloe Vera is the ultimate remedy to skin problems, it has can also be used to treat your acne problem. Get a fresh Aloe Vera, extract the gel and apply the gel onto your skin, do this two or three times daily, and you will be better in no time.
5 Essential Oily Face Tips
Treating oily skin on your face is a little bit different though, the methods on how to get rid of oily face is pretty similar to the one listed above. But there are few things that you need to know such as:
- Never wash your face more than three times per day, it actually is the source for irritation and caused oily face.
- Do not get stressed out, stress will affect your face and skin and it will increase the oil productions.
- Always remove your makeup quickly if you are already done.
- Drink a lot of water to keep the moisture of your face.
- You can use all the methods on the how to get rid of oily skin but if your face is sensitive, never overdo it.