Mold likes to live in humid, dark, and warm places inside your house such as bathroom, kitchen, and the basement are the places you need to keep on guard from this thing. Today we would like to share you 10 tips how to get rid of Mold instantly to eliminate the mold right after you see it, if not they will grow multiply.
How to Get Rid of Mold Inside Your House
You may already have this solution in your kitchen and using vinegar can instantly kill 82 percent of mold. In addition, this ingredient can also be used with baking soda to kill other species of mold. Below are some ways to use this magic elixir:
- Pour white distilled vinegar into a spray bottle, take a note that you do not need to add water.
- Spray the moldy area with the vinegar and let it stay for one hour. After that you can clean it with water using clean cloth.
- Usually, the smell of the vinegar will fade away after the surface is dry, but if not, you can fresh the area using lemon water.
2. Baking soda
Baking soda is an effective solution to kill mold in bathroom as well as other places inside your house:
- Mix the baking soda with water and pour it inside spray bottle.
- Spray the molding area such as the bathroom tiles with the baking soda and water mixture. Use scrub brush or sponge to remove the mold and after that, rinse it with water.
- Next, spray the area again and just let it stay until it dry. You can also make a baking soda paste to clean mold in shower.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral solution which can help to remove mold on walls and any other areas:
- Use 3 percent concentration hydrogen peroxide and pour it in spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the moldy areas and leave it stay for few minutes.
- Scrub the areas to remove all the molds and then wipe it down to clean if there is any residue.
4. Distilled Ethanol
You can also using distilled Ethanol like cheap Vodka to kill the mold and it works as good as distilled vinegar. Purchase the cheap one because usually it contains more congener from the less distilling and filtering process. Use the same method just like vinegar to use it to kill the mold in house.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Using tea tree oil to kill the mold in basement, bathroom, and any other places is a great thing because this solution not only effective to remove the mold, but it will leave a nice spa-like smell:
- Add ten drops of the oil into a spray bottle full of water.
- Spray the oil on the moldy surface and let it stay for few minutes before you start to scrub the area.
- The oil will work well to kill and to prevent the fungus or mold back to your house. You can also use it to kill black mold which have a very disgusting mold smell.
If the mold appears on wood material such as on your wood wall, wood furniture, etc. then you can use bleach to remove it. Bleach can also be used to kill mold on other areas, not to mention it is an inexpensive way to kill the annoying mold inside your house. To use it you need to follow these steps:
- Mix the bleach with water and pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray the moldy surface and wipe or scrub the area to remove the mold.
- Please take note that using a bleach maybe can discolor the wood thus it is better to take some test before you using it.
7. Soap water or detergent
Every homeowner is absolutely has soap water or detergent which fortunately can be used to remove the mold. This is the first solution which you can depend on right when you spot the molds. To use treat the mold using soap water or detergent you need to follow these steps:
- Remove the mold using salt paper or scrubbing for the first.
- Wash the moldy area with soap water or detergent.
- To prevent the mold growing back, you need to wash the area frequently.
8. Grapefruit extracts
If you do not like the smell of tea tree oil then you can use grapefruit extracts instead, this is a safer way to kill the mold if you have children around. To use it:
- Mix 2 cups of water with 20 drops of grapefruit extracts and pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray the moldy surface and let it stay for few minutes before you start to scrub the area.
- Just let it dry without rinsing.
This solution is not only will get rid the mold, but also help to prevent the mold growing back to your wooden surface if you apply it. You can use the varnish to scrape out the mold.
10. Grout and tile sealing
After you clean the bathroom or kitchen surface from the mold, you need to seal the grout and tile in order to prevent the mold growing back. You can purchase organic grout and tile sealants in the market and seal it on your own. This is an effective way to avoid the molds or fungus to re-grow.
After you tried all those tips to remove the mold, you still need to make sure:
- The surfaces are clean every day.
- Always promote your house to get a better air circulation to avoid the mold growing back as well as to check the humidity level.
- If your plumbing leaks then you need to fix it as soon as possible because it will cause the mold to develop.
That’s it, when you cannot stand the mold you can try to kill and prevent it back with these 10 tips how to get rid of mold instantly.