Let’s face it, dry skin can be very annoying, this is how to get rid of dry skin methods that might be able to help you with your dry skin problem. Dry skin is annoying because it will ruin your skin, it can become scaly, cracked, and it’s itchy, keeping things short, it will ruin your skin and appearance. Keeping the moisture for the skin is not easy, because if you give it too much then it will become oily. Well, fortunately there are already great methods on how to get rid of oily skin.
Important to Know: Cause of Dry Skin
Before you find out how to get rid of dry skin, it is important for you to know what caused it. If you know what caused dry skin, you will be able to prevent it from happening, although some of these causes are very difficult to be taken care of:
- Cold temperature is bad for your skin; this is also a big reason on why you feel that your skin becomes very dry when it’s on winter. That is because when the temperature around you drops, the humidity will also affected by that, and less humidity means less moisture on the air, and that lack of moisture will affect your skin. This problem can be countered easily once you found out that the cold temperature is the cause for the dry skin.
- Some type of soaps can drain all the moisture out of your skin and that will makes your skin go dry. Some type of soaps can also go more extreme by damaging your skin’s moisture protections. It is not recommended for you to keep changing your type of soaps especially if you are already suffering from the dry skin problem. It might become worse, and it will be very difficult to take care of the worsening skin problem.
- Do not bath with hot water often, cold weather is annoying and it is natural that you want to take a bath with hot water, but it’s simply do not affect your skin very well. Bathing with hot water can dry out your skin’s natural oils very quick, although by showering you get some of those moisture back, but hot water can damage your oil gland.
- As you grew older, your hormone levels will be changed as well and those changes on your hormone levels will affect how much oil can be generated by your skin. There is not much that you can do about this as this cause is as natural as you can get, but you can still minimize the effects.
- It is also not recommended for you to scrub down your skin using sponge or something like that while you take a shower. Those scrubs can cause friction on the skin and it’s bad.
- It is recommended, however for you to not immediately drying off yourself right after showering, left your body wet for one of two minutes to allows the skin to absorbs the moisture, drying it off right after shower have a bad effect on your skin moisture level.
- Irritation on the skin is also a big cause for dry and scaly skin. Our skins are sensitive and each person has different type of reaction to different type of fabrics. If you feel that your new shirt feels itchy, your skin might be not a good match with the fabric used for the shirt. The use of fabric softener and the detergent used to wash the fabric can also be the causes for the irritation.
- Skin diseases can be left unnoticed before it’s too late, so if you are suffering from constant dry skin which makes your skin feels itchy all the time, then you might want to check it with a doctor. Diabetes and thyroid problem can also cause skin problems.
How to Get Rid of Dry Skin on Face area
In this segment, you will find the methods on how to get rid of dry skin on face area. It is a little bit more troublesome taking care of your face, especially because the skin on your face area is more sensitive than most parts on our body. Thus, when you need to protect your face from dry skins, it is not recommended to just using the methods used for other parts of your body.
- Because your face skin can dry faster than any other parts of your body, it is recommended that you wash your face with hot water once in a while. Please remember that you should not wash your face for more than two times per day, it might cause other problems if your face skin got too moist. Warm water is used because it will be able to relax your pores and makes it easier to wash your face skin. But, you can use cold water if the temperature outside is hot.
- Do not use soap to wash your face which is dangerous and will make it worse. If you want to wash your face, it is not recommended to use a strong skin cleanser, that’s why finding a type of facial cleanser that is perfectly suited for your type of skin. Mild facial cleanser is good because most of them are not mixed with added fragrances, those added fragrances usually contain alcohol and alcohol is one of the main culprits for dry skin.
- After you wash your face, never rub your face in with a towel, but use soft pat your face with a clean cloth instead. Harsh rubbing cause irritation and skin irritation caused dry skin. Pat it quick, it is recommended that you do not take longer than 20 seconds when you pat the face, the reason is to avoid irritation.
- After you finished with washing your face, it is also good idea to use some facial moisturizing cream on it. For this you will need to use a moisturizing cream that is meant for facial purpose, do not use moisturizer that is not meant for facial to your face.
- If you want to be a little bit more glamorous, use milk when you wash your face. Milk is rich with beneficial substances, it is also a good skin cleanser and milk is good for dry skin because it is a natural moisturizer.
- Aloe Vera is another popular solution for various skin problems. For those with dry skin problems, of course, when you are looking for Aloe Vera cream, look for cream that is made specifically for the face.
- The best way on how to get rid of dry skin is to avoid things that can cause irritation, some of the most notable ones are shaving, make up and ultraviolet ray.
- In a case when the temperature is too low, use a humidifier.
Dry Feet Solutions
Similar to the dry skin on the face, the solutions for your dry feet is also differs from the one used for regular dry skin problem. The reason on the difference is because our feet don’t have oil glands, which explains why our heels seems to be the first to get the cracks when it is cold outside. If you want to get rid of your dry feet skin, this is how to get rid of dry skin on feet tips and tricks:
- At night, just before you sleep, get a bucket and fill it with warm water. Put some liquid soap on that warm water and mix it, then put your feet into the bucket. Leave it that way for about 15 to 20 minutes. The aim for this is to get rid of the dead skin cells and that is why after you are finish, quickly clean your feet with a dry towel. You can also use some moisturizing cream after this to keep the moisture of your feet.
- Get some banana and avocado, peel them off, and put them into your blender. Mix them well together and after you finish, you will get your dry skin paste that you can apply on your dry feet. Left them for about 10 to 15 minutes and then pour some warm water and clean your feet of quickly. Banana and avocado are natural moisturizer, they are great for skin and will be able to makes your skins smoother; you can also use either one of them if you cannot find the other one.
- Dehydration is also a big cause for dry skin and it can really have a bad effect on your skin. Because our skin don’t have oil glands, there is no way to control the moisture on your feet when you are dehydrated, thus it is recommended that you drink a lot of water to counter this situation.
This can also be applied to any other kinds of dry skin problems at other parts of our body, prevention is the best solution on how to get rid of dry skin, stay dehydrated, and keep the moisture of your feet at the acceptable level.