How to get rid of dark spots fast which often makes you lost confidence? Women usually cover their dark spots using make up, but as time goes by the dark spots become more and more obvious. Dark spots can also appear not only on the face, but also other parts of your body like legs. Today, we are going to share 10 tips to get rid of dark spots which caused by many factors such as acne, shaving, hyper-pigmentation, and many more.
How to Get Rid of Dark Spots Fast and Naturally
1. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera has properties of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant which can effectively be used to remove dark spots. Besides that, there are numbers of enzymes, minerals, and vitamins contained in the Aloe Vera. You can take the gel from this natural remedy and apply it directly on your face, the steps are below:
- Extract the juice or the gel from Aloe Vera and apply it on the dark spots.
- Let the remedy stay on your face for about 30 minutes. Do this twice per day and you are going to see some improvement within a month.
If you can’t find fresh Aloe Vera, you can option to use Aloe Vera juice from market.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is one of the best treatments to remove dark spots from shaving and other skin problems that caused by many factors. It also good to deal with many skin blemishes due to its properties like minerals and vitamins which can be used as antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and lightening. You should use this remedy as follow:
- Squeeze fresh lemon fruit to obtain the juice and apply it directly on the dark spots then leave it stay for about 30 minutes.
- After that, rinse your face with cold water. Repeat the process twice per day and if you want to see any progression, you need to do this for about two months.
- Another method is to blend the juice with sugar so it can be used as scrub on the affected area, from 5 to 10 minutes. You can also mix it with olive oil and do this treatment several few times for one week to see the improvement.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
You can use apple cider vinegar for many skin problems including removing dark spots on face. The properties from this vinegar help to dry out as well as fade the brown spots little by little. Here’s how you can use it:
- Blend apple cider vinegar with amount of water, so it will not sting when you apply the ingredient on your face. You can also mix the vinegar with honey.
- Apply it on your dark spots and leave it for few minutes before you rinse your face with water. You need to do this solution for one time per day or until you see the result.
Buttermilk is good to remove dark spots without make your skin dry out and its lactic acid is useful as exfoliation. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take a cotton ball and dab it on the buttermilk, apply the buttermilk on the affected region. Wash later after wait for few minutes. You can also mix it with lemon juice in case you have acne or oily skin.
- Another way is to blend tomato juice with buttermilk and directly apply this mixture on the dark spots.
This fruit can make your skin brighter while its alpha hydroxy acids plus enzyme helps to exfoliate your skin plus remove dark spots from acne. But please take a note that, you need to do some test before using this treatment because some people may allergic with Papaya. Steps to use it as follow:
- Grate the fruit and apply it right on the affected skin.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water after let the solution stay on your face for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process two times per day until you get desired result.
Onion or you can also use garlic juice can helps to remove dark spots on legs and face due to its bleaching agent which useful to fade the black spots:
- Cut the onion and rub it on the black spots, do this two or three time per day.
- Another method is to mix 2 tablespoons of honey with onion juice and then leave it on the dark spots for about 15 minutes before you rinse it with water.
Yogurt has bleaching agent that help to fade dark spots as well as make your skin glowing. Here’s how you can use it:
- Use plain yogurt and apply it on your face, wait for 20 minutes before you rinse it with cold water. You can apply it on the dark spots before going to sleep and let it stay overnight as well.
- Another solution is to make a face pack by mixture of plain yogurt, lemon juice, and oatmeal. Leave it on the black spots for 30 minutes; next apply moisturizer after you washing it off with cold water.
Having sandalwood to treat dark spots is a good thing because it does not only allow the black spots fading, but its antiseptic plus anti-aging very effective to reduce the spots caused by hyper-pigmentation:
- Blend 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder with orange and lemon juice plus two vitamin E capsules (take the vitamin contain only).
- Apply it on the spots and leave it stay for 30 minutes.
9. Castor Oil
This oil contains healing properties which can be used to deal with dark and age spots. You can use it along with other oils like almond oil, olive oil, vitamin E oil, etc. to help reduce the spots:
- Massage the black spots using castor oil.
- Leave it stay for a few hours before you rinse it off with water.
To see the best result, do this treatment twice a day at morning and night.
Horseradish contains lightening properties that can make the skin spotless and help to reduce freckles:
- Make horseradish paste and let it stay on face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Another method is to mix horseradish with apple cider vinegar, let the mixture stay for 2 weeks.
- Strain the solution and gently apply it on the spots. Repeat the process three times per day for a month to see the best result.
When you try all these tips, surely the dark spots on your face or body are going to fade. That’s for top 10 ways how to get rid of dark spots fast and naturally, have a try!