Dark circles which also known as dark shadows or dark rings caused by many factors including lack of sleep, stay in front of computer for hours, aging, heredity, unhealthy diet, dry skin, physical as well as mental stress, crying, and many more. Both men and women can suffer from this problem; fortunately we have some ways that can be tried to remove that skin discoloration problem. How to get rid of dark circles under your eyes will be so easy to do by following all these tips below.
Try these tips to get rid dark circles under your eyes
Although dark circles are not serious problem, but it can affect your appearance, so these are what you can do to remove the dark rings under eyes:
1. Rose water
For dark circles caused by tired eyes, you can use rose water and thanks to the mild astringent properties, it works as a great skin tone as well. The rose water will rejuvenate your skin properly, what you need to do is soak clean cotton with rose water and leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes on your closed eyelids. Repeat this solution two times per day until you get satisfied result.
2. Almond oil
Almond oil has a lot skin benefits especially to remove dark circles under eyes. With frequently use of this oil, the dark circles will slowly fade away and alternatively, you can use vitamin E oil as well to get rid the dark circles. To use it follow these easy steps:
- Apply a good amount of olive oil under your eyes and gently massage your skin with it. Do this method before you go to bed every night.
- The next morning, use cold water to wash it off.
- Repeat this method until you get the best outcome.
To lighten the dark circles under eyes, you can use tomato with its bleaching properties. There are two ways to use tomato to get rid of dark shadows under eyes such as:
- Mix 1 tsp of tomato juice with 1 ½ tsp of lemon juice. Apply this solution right under your eyes and let it stay for about ten minutes before you rinse it with water. Repeat this remedy two times a day for several weeks until you get satisfied result. Anyway, using only lemon juice is also works well.
- Mix lemon juice and salt with one glass of tomato juice then drink it once/twice per day for one week. You need to drink this mixture right away after you make it for the best result.
Of course you cannot leave cucumber solution behind when talking about dark circles. Its properties like skin lightening plus mild astringent will help to refresh and shooting your skin. This is one of the great methods to remove the panda eyes, two ways can be done:
- Slice the fresh cucumber and keep it inside refrigerator for about thirty minutes. After that, place the cucumber slices onto the dark circles area and let it sit for a good ten minutes before you rinse your eyes with water. Repeat this method two times a day for few weeks.
- Mix cucumber juice with lemon juice and dab clean cotton, apply it on the dark circles area. Let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes before you rinse with water. Follow these steps frequently for a week to get the best result.
5. Lemon juice
Lemon juice contains skin lightening properties from its vitamin C which useful to remove dark circles. Two ways to use it as follow:
- Apply once per week a lemon juice under your eyes, use cotton to do it. Let it sit for 10 minutes before your rinse with water.
- Alternatively, make a paste from mixture of lemon juice, tomato puree, and turmeric powder, and gram flour. Carefully, apply this mixture under your eyes and let it stay for 15 minutes before you clean it with water. Repeat twice or three times a week.
6. Tea bags
Tea bags are effective remedies to get rid both dark eyes and puffy eyes thanks to its antioxidants and the caffeine contained in them. The steps to use this solution as follow:
- Pick black tea or green tea bags and keep it inside refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place the tea bags over your closed eyelids and let them sit about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Next thing to do, just wash your face and repeat this method one or two times per day for a couple of weeks.
Due to the properties of turmeric like anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, your eyes skin will be softer and smoother, not to mention the dark circles will fade away perfectly. To use this solution:
- Make a thick paste using turmeric powder and pineapple juice.
- Apply the paste onto the closed eyelids and let it stay for around 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with water and repeat this process until you get best result.
8. Coconut oil
There are many skin benefits that you can get by massage your eyes skin with coconut oil. Not only it can fade the dark circles away, but provides smoother skin and prevent wrinkles/fine lines. To use this remedy, you just need to apply the oil and massage your skin for a few minutes daily.
9. Cold compress
Cold compress can help to reduce puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. Soak clean cloth in cold water and use it to compress your dark circles for a few minutes. Alternatively, you can simply wrap ice cubes and use it to compress your eyes.
You need to use raw potato for this remedy; the bleaching agent contained in potato can help to reduce the dark circles. There are two ways to use the potato, first is simply using potato slices by placing them over your eyelids and second by making thick potato juice and use cotton ball to apply it.
How to get rid of dark circles under your eyes will be more effective if you get adequate sleep and have a healthy diet as well.