Unpleasant body odor will make you lose confident in front of people and that’s why you need to know how to get rid of body odor permanently. Well, body odor is actually a normal thing especially in sweaty condition; however excessive body odor with bad aroma will discomfort people around you.
There are many factors of why some people have unpleasant smell like health problems, poor hygiene, genetic metabolic disorders, nutrient deficiencies, and so on. Although offensive body odor can be treated by using over the counter medicines, it is better to try natural remedies since they are cheaper and simpler with similar effective results.
10 remedies to get rid of body odor permanently
1. Witch hazel
Skin’s pH level can be lowered by the use of witch hazel causing the bacteria that produce the strong odor impossible for living. In addition for that, it contains astringent properties that help to reduce the production of sweat by contract the skin pores. The hazel will works as anti-perspirant and you just need to dub clean cotton and apply it under your arms. Do this treatment whenever you think your body starts to smell.
2. Apple cider vinegar
Use apple cider vinegar which can effectively balancing pH level thus manage to fight against odor causing bacteria. Many ways can be tried to use this remedy, first you can simply soak clean cotton and rub it under your arms, wait for two to three minutes before you rinse yourself. Repeat this process two times per day.
Another method is by soak your body for around ten minutes inside lukewarm water mixed with 1 cup of apple cider vinegar. Alternatively, drink mixture of honey and apple cider vinegar three times a day before meal.
3. Baking soda
Baking soda has so many benefits for skins and of course it can help to get rid of body odor naturally. It useful to both absorb sweat and moisture from skin, not to mention it kills the bacteria thus work as a natural deodorant. Two ways to use it:
- Add 1 tbsp of baking soda to 1 tbsp of lemon juice, mix them together then rub it under arms as well as other body parts that you think they are smelly. Take a shower after you leave it sit for a few minutes. Do this process once a day for several weeks.
- Add a good amount of baking soda then mixed it with cornstarch. Apply this solution under arms to prevent sweating. Repeat this method whenever you need body odor protection.
Sage is a fragrant herb that works effectively to fight bacteria thanks to its bacterial agent properties. There are several ways to use this remedy:
- You can make a natural deodorant with mixture of 5 drops of sage oil, lavender essential oil, coriander oil, and enough amount of distilled witch hazel. Pour the solution into spray bottle.
- You can make sage tea then drink it, but not more than two cups per day.
- Mix hot water with 2 tbsp of dried sage then use it to rinse your underarms.
Its anti-bacterial agents of turnips can help to reduce body odor by kill the bacteria. You can include turnip in your diet or try these methods:
- Make a thick paste by blender 2 to 3 turnips. After that, extract its juice by press down the paste on sieve using spoon.
- Apply this remedy under arms and groin area.
- Rinse with water after you leave it for a few minutes until dry. Repeat this process every morning to get 10 hours protection from body odor.
Wheatgrass has deodorizing effect from its chlorophyll properties. Not to mention it helps to remove toxins. You can drink wheatgrass by mixing it with 1 cup of water then drink it in the morning when your stomach still empty. Repeat this process until you get satisfying result. Take a note that wheatgrass juice has strong taste which can make some people nauseating.
7. Tea tree oil
Two great properties can be found in tea tree oil: antiseptic and anti-bacterial that effectively fight against body odor. The oil can also be used to control sweating. You just need to mix 2 drops of tea tree oil with 2 tbsp of water. Next, put it inside spray bottle and use it as your natural deodorant.
Chlorophyll and menthol contained in rosemary works as natural deodorant properties. Rosemary also have a nice fragrant make it a perfect choice to get rid of body odor fast. However, discontinue this remedy if it causes irritation. To use rosemary, you can try these steps:
- Mix 4 cups of hot water with 1 ½ cup of dried rosemary leaves then leave it for 10 minutes. Pour into your bath water then soak your body for 15 or 20 minutes. Repeat this process once per day to have nice body smell thorough the day.
- Alternatively, add 8 to 10 drops of rosemary oil into 1 ounce of water. Apply this solution as natural deodorant under arms.
9. Lemon juice
Lemon juice can help to lower pH level of skin and its acidic property will fight against the bacteria. Simply cut the lemon into two slices then rub it under your arms until the juice comes out. If you have sensitive skin, you can mix the lemon juice with water first then apply it directly under the arms using clean cotton. Repeat this process once per day.
Tomatoes can help to reduce sweating and shrink skin pores. Its anti-bacterial properties will kill odor causing bacteria as well. To use it:
- Crush 7 to 8 tomatoes to extract the juice out.
- Add the juice to your bath water and use it to take a bath.
- To control body odor, you need to repeat this process once per day.
How to get rid of body odor permanently will more effective if you can frequently keep your body clean by wash yourself at least once a day.