Age spots or people also know it as brown spots generally appear on the neck, face, and other parts of your body like behind the arms and hands. These spots do not let you feel good and confidence, that’s why you may want to remove them by these top 10 tips how to get rid of age spots naturally.
How to Get Rid of Age Spots Naturally
Lactic acid contained in buttermilk is not only helps you to make the age spots fading, but it can also help to exfoliate the skins without make it dry.
- Apply buttermilk on the age spots using a cotton ball and let it stay for a few minutes before you rinse your face with water.
- Another method is to mix 2 tsp of tomato juice and 4 tsp of buttermilk then apply the solution on the age spots.
If you have acne or oily skin, you could mix the buttermilk with lemon juice.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an effective home remedy that can make the brown or age spots fading fast.
- Mix Apple cider vinegar with equal amount of water and apply the mixture on the affected skin. You can also add honey or use the vinegar directly without adding water, but it will sting.
- You can mix few tsp of orange juice with 1 ½ tsp of Apple Cider vinegar then leave it for awhile before you rinse your face with water.
3. Cucumber Juice
Cucumber contains bleaching properties and natural acid which can help to fade the age spots and reduce pigmentation.
- Use it as a face mask by blender the cucumber and then apply it on all of your face and neck.
- Leave it for few minutes until dry before you wash your face.
4. Sugar Cubes
Glycolic acid contained in sugar cubes is perfect bleaching agent that helps to fade the age spots. To use this inexpensive home remedy, you just need to rub the cubes frequently on face until the age spots start to fade and you satisfied with the result. This maybe an unusual home solution, but it works well too.
Oatmeal is a great natural home remedy which contains an exfoliating agent that can make the age/brown spots fading. It helps to remove the dead skins thus make your face glowing plus brighter.
- Mix 1 tbsp of honey, 2 tbsp of milk, and 2 tbsp of oatmeal powder. After that, apply the remedy on the affected skin.
- Let it stay for a few minutes before you wash your face.
To get a quick result, you can do this method two or three times per week for one month. You can also apply this solution to get rid age spots on legs/hands.
You can use this traditional remedy to bleach out any skin discoloration including age spots:
- Cut the horseradish into slices and rub it directly on face and if you want it too, on hands/arms. Let the juice of the horseradish dry before you rinse it with water.
- Another method is to mix 1 cup of sour cream with 2 tbsp of horseradish powder. Next, leave it to stay on your face for half an hour before you rinse your face with warm water.
You can repeat this remedy once per week until you satisfied with the outcome.
Almonds contain vitamin E and protein which helps to nourish your skin, fade the age spots, as well as lighten the skin.
- Blender the almonds into powder and mix it with honey to make a paste. Apply the paste to your face and leave it for half an hour before you rinse your face with warm water. You need to do this three to four times per week until you see the best result.
- The second method is to grind or blender 5 soaked almonds and then mix it with milk to make a paste, add 1 tsp of honey and blend it well. Apply the remedy on the face before going to bed. The next morning, rinse it with cool water. Repeat the process daily for two weeks.
For spotless face and body, you can use turmeric as an effective solution because it contains properties that can lighten the skin as well as an antioxidant which is good for your skin.
- Make a paste from 5 tbsp of turmeric powder and mix it with 10 tbsp of whole milk.
- To thicken the mixture, you may add 1 tbsp of gram flour.
- Apply the paste to your face; leave it until dry before you clean it off with warm water. For effective result, do this treatment daily.
9. Aloe Vera
The gel in Aloe Vera contains mucilaginous polysaccharides; it can help to get rid age spots plus help to improve regeneration of skin.
- Cut the Aloe Vera into two and take the fresh gel. Apply the gel on your face especially the affected area and leave it for awhile about twenty to thirty minutes.
- You also need to massage your face gently about one or two minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water; repeat the process two times a day for a few weeks until you get the desired result.
10. Red Currant
The last solution to get rid of age spots is by using red currant. You need to unripe fresh red currant and mix it with honey.
- Take and mash 1 ¼ cup of red currant and mix it with 1 tbsp of honey.
- Apply the mixture on affected area and leave it to stay on your face for half an hour.
- Next, you can rinse it off with warm water and apply lemon juice diluted with rose water or just water.
That’s top 10 how to get rid of age spots naturally with cheap and easy home remedies. You can compare all the solutions so you can get the best remedy which can give you the faster result.